What changes do I need to make to protect habitats & species?
This week we will using art to show our understanding of the different habitats in New Zealand and the species that live in them.
One reading activity for SML is to go to the Department of Conservation website and research a native animal species of New Zealand.
Here is the link
The task is to complete the following:
1. Status information - if applicable
- Take an NZ map and an atlas and locate where your animal is found in NZ (and on Islands outside of mainland NZ). Write the name of the location and colour the area,
- Glue into your reading activity book
- Do a pencil sketch of your animal
- Once you have done your sketch you can colour it in